NASA Competition

While attending the Art Institute of Phoenix, I had the opportunity to be involved in a competition involving NASA and ASU's business school. There were several schools involved in the competition, and the final judging took place in Coco Beach, Florida; near the Kennedy Space Center.

NASA Competition from Nick Pitcavage on Vimeo.



As the Director of CG, I was responsible for all 3d elements, from concept to completion. I managed a team of 2-3 other 3d artists, as we completed the elements needed for the Directors vision to come to life.

My main area of concentration was the International Space Station Model, the Astronaut Animations, and creating the Texture Library. I was also responsible for all the camera animations and render managing. During this project, I utilized various render passes, so the rendering was quite a task to manage.


Our team won the competition! And our two commercials were aired on NASA TV.