Bankrupt

This is a Series Bumper, used to amplify the opening weekend of a financial Sermon Series at CCV.
When I came aboard, the series was already planned out. The art work was approved and most of the video content had been shot and/or edited.

Bankrupt from Nick Pitcavage on Vimeo.



I came up with the idea of flying through a "Bankrupt" board in 3d to add a little more consistency to the series. At CCV, we try to make sure the staging, lighting, artwork, videos and motion graphics all work together to create an experience.

With only a week till Series Kick-off, I had a tough challenge ahead of me if I wanted this bumper to impact the series opener.


All in All, the bumper was a success, and added a new dimension to the "Bankrupt" series.
The Graphics guys really helped out by creating a clean vector art playing board graphic.
I first modeled the shape of the playing board, then the houses and hotels. Next, I purchased some of the playing pieces from Turbo Squid. I was able to find all the pieces except the hat, so I quickly modeled the hat. Since the Turbo Squid files were for 3dMax (I was using Maya), I had to convert the files and rebuild the texture for the playing pieces.

Once the camera was animated, I added a little animation to some of the pieces for a little extra effect. Then did a couple test renders using Mental Ray, and exported the batch of frames.

There is some slight post work, with the old film look, and the dissolve of the logo. I did all that in After Effects, and found a cool audio track from First Com.